Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Artist Daniel W Coburn

Updated December 18, 2018
 
I removed the link to Daniel W Coburn's Kansas photographs because the site no longer exists. I cannot find a link to his spectacular Kansas photography. He has moved on as a fine art photographer, not surprisingly, and as an author. I wish I could still link to his Kansas work because it was breath-takingly beautiful. He still has a website, danielwcoburn.com

Best of luck to him in all of his endeavors.


I once had a link to to Daniel Coburn's web site, where he had published some of the most beautiful photographs of Kansas. I felt that he was quite familiar with the beauty of Kansas and had captured moments in each season, each time of day that reveal this land to those patient enough to wait for the landscape to reveal itself.

Of all who have attempted to photograph the space and sky of Kansas, only Daniel Coburn succeeded in capturing what must be seen to be believed. He had photographed the spirit and beauty of Kansas.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow -- these photos are incredible. I had no idea of the richness and variety of landscape forms and plants. Ever since reading 'Little House on the Prairie' I've been picturing endless miles of grass, with a few hills and creeks (ie Plum Creek) winding through. In retrospect, I realize I was picturing something more like LAWN grass! LOL

Jackie said...

Well, a LOT of Kansas is a lawn! lol Kansas is a place of subtle beauty. Most people who have lived here their entire lives fail to see it. It is not a majestic beauty, nor dramatic, and it has been almost entirely ruined by the hand of man, but nature still makes its appearance known.