Friday, September 4, 2009

What Is The Meaning of Life?

Google for "the meaning of life". It returns 80,600,000 results, but the one at the top of the list is from Wikipedia, which explains "The meaning of life constitutes a philosophical question concerning the purpose and significance of human existence or biological life in general."

It could be a Jeopardy question.

"Alex, I'll take 'Unanswerable Questions' for $1000."

"It's the Daily Double. How much do you wish to wager, Jackie?"

"Alex, I'm wagering everything. I'm going all-in!"

"Very well. Here is the clue: Bump around clueless for a lifetime."

"What is 'We tell Grandpa every day not to walk to the mailbox in his underwear?"

"Sorry, no. The correct answer is: What is the meaning of life?"

Of course, I do not have to worry about appearing on Jeopardy. If the categories were: Bob Dylan Songs, 1970 Prom Night, Thirty Years at the Company, I might have a chance.

No wonder I do not know the meaning of life, though Bob Dylan might.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought the meaning of life had been established long ago. Wasn't it 42 and a half?

Anonymous said...

How many times do we need to go over this? You already know that it's "42"

Jackie said...

Both of you know I can't remember a flippin' thing.

You'll likely have to remind me again that the anwer is 42.

Or, as in Kathy's Universe, it's 42 1/2!

In at least one universe, the answer is "Clapping Bear Hat Woman".