Thursday, September 24, 2009

Dedicated to My Son-In-Law

***
I just came here to hear the drummer's cymbal ring
There aint no way you can put me down
I just wanna say that hell's my wife's hometown.
Well, there's reasons for that and reasons for this
I can't think of any just now but I know they exist
I'm sittin in the sun til my skin turns brown
I just wanna say that hell's my wife's hometown.
She can make you steal, make you rob
Give you the hives, make you lose your job
Make things bad, make things worse
She got stuff more potent than a gypsy's curse
One of these days I'll end up on the run
I'm pretty sure she'll make me kill someone
I'm going inside, roll the shutter's down
I just wanna say that hell's my wife's hometown
Well, there's plenty to remember, plenty to forget
I still can remember the day we met
I lost my reason long ago
My love for her is all I know.
State gone broke, the county's dry
Don't be lookin at me with that evil eye
Keep on walking, don't be hangin around
I'm tellin you again that hell's my wife's hometown.
copyright 2008 Bob Dylan

No comments: