Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If Only I Had Said....

When I look back over my small, boring life, some events were intersections, forks in the road. With the cruel clarity of hindsight, (which I once earnestly asserted aloud in a staff meeting was 50:50), the wrong turns, large and small, map my life to where I am today.

If only I had said:

"N0 thanks," instead of "I do." Twice.

"Thank you, Officer," instead of "F**k you."

"Are you crazy?" instead of "Take my car."

"Don't have room," instead of "Stay with me."

"No," instead of "Pay me on Tuesday."

And all those countless times I should have instead said nothing, nothing at all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only fair that you also take stock of the times you said the right things. "I love you," for instance.

And I do.

Unknown said...

and yes, we were crazy... LOL