Sunday, July 18, 2010

Blowing Wind

Ever wonder why the wind blows? Oh yeah, I know that some people say Kansas is so windy because Nebraska sucks and Oklahoma blows. There is a small group of people who claim the opposite, that it is Oklahoma that sucks. I remain mostly undecided, except on certain days of every week when I am easily convinced that is it Oklahoma - all Oklahoma- and Nebraska is a non-factor. If you go to Kansas City, a city that spans two states, there is an entire metropolitan population that claims Kansas both sucks and blows, but that has never made much sense to me because Missouri is the show-me state. You think they would know.

I think human beings are too easily manipulated. They see the leaves waving madly about and assume that causes wind. They see Sarah Palin's mouth moving and think she is talking about something worthwhile, like grizzly bear moms. I do not think grizzly bears are happy to be discussed by Sarah Um-All-of-Them. I suspect that any Alaskan grizzly has read at least as many news magazines as Sarah. I hold that suspicion because it is likely even grizzlies know that Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America.

Not every mom is happy to be thought of as a mad grizzly, either. Sure, mad women have axed their husbands to death and ran over men with cars. (Let's not even think about Lorena Bobbitt.) Justifiable homicide is an honorable defense. I am talking about a country full of emotional women running around thinking of themselves as mad grizzly bear mothers protecting their cubs, fired up by an ex-beauty queen. Remember Anita Bryant? Sarah Gal works diligently to appear to not be so danged smart that she intimidates the mothers. I may have misspoken when I said "works diligently". It may be as easy as the wind blowing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahahahahaaaaa

Anonymous said...

As Baba Dylan taught us, "The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind."

I know, it blows and/or sucks, but it's the best I can do for now. I'm still trying to find the rest of our sky.