Friday, October 5, 2018

Even If We Tried ...

Every day of my life since I moved to Wabaunsee County, despite whatever else is going on in my life, I have been graced with the awareness of the Kansas sky, nature's magnificent living art installation.

I have hundreds and hundreds of photos but so little space or time to share even a fraction of them. It does not matter because anyone on the planet can simply step outside to appreciate the view. Why bother with a camera?

Even if we used every ounce of our collective imagination we could never invent anything as mutable, ephemeral, heart-breakingly beautiful as the sky full of movement and drama and ever-changing light. Even if we tried.

Beautiful late summer skies over Joplin, Missouri
Sunset from Snokomo Road

Above Manhattan, Kansas. Mid August.
Leaving Kansas City, Missouri. Late May.

Feeding the horses at dawn.  January 9, 2018
Looking east from Vera Road at sunset, November, 2017

No comments: